About Me

My photo
Buderim, QLD, Australia
WELCOME TO THREE BEEZ CAKES. I am a Stay at Home Mum of 3 B's ..... Bella (Isabella 9), Bronte (7) and Beth (Elizabeth 5) who love birthdays!! Having three girls and seeing the asking price for shop bought cakes, I thought I would make an attempt at creating my own kids cakes. After a few successes (and some disasters!!) friends started asking me to do cakes for their kids and other occasions. SO HERE I AM!!! Take a look and enjoy whats to come..... they do taste as good as they look!!!! I have that one on the good authority of my expert taste testers AKA Three Beez. Have a question - contact me on queensland@ozemail dot com dot au

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Masterpiece!!




June 27, 2010 - Bronte's Birthday Cake - Well firstly have to say that I was not overly pleased with the result of this one but in my defence we were still packing lolly bags and melting chocolate for the ganache (which took an age to set) at 11pm the night before the party. I started icing just after midnight and I went to bed at 330am. We were due at the park at 8am to secure prime location for the party. Thankfully Jeff was the one that went up and i did the final pack of all the food. Anyways the day was a hoot and noone seemed to mind the fact that the fondant was not as smooth as it should be and that one of the panels had a mended tear that went wrong LOL. The cake was a double 20cm round buttercake, cut in halves again and filled with white chocolate ganache and nuttella and rosella jam in alternate fills. It was then covered with white chocolate ganache and then a further marshmallow fondant cover. The flowers were made alternately - some with flower modelling paste (which I will never use again as it took an age to dry and even now a week later it still has not set hard) and some with the marshmallow fondant which set beautifully overnight. The combination of flavours was truly amazing. I love my buttercake, it just lends itself to such a variety of different flavours - have yet to experience one that I have not liked and considering the number of cakes I make - it must be good if I still eat it!! Anyways, on the day, in the park and the setting, the cake looked lovely and my we little 7 yo loved it.

Followers