About Me

My photo
Buderim, QLD, Australia
WELCOME TO THREE BEEZ CAKES. I am a Stay at Home Mum of 3 B's ..... Bella (Isabella 9), Bronte (7) and Beth (Elizabeth 5) who love birthdays!! Having three girls and seeing the asking price for shop bought cakes, I thought I would make an attempt at creating my own kids cakes. After a few successes (and some disasters!!) friends started asking me to do cakes for their kids and other occasions. SO HERE I AM!!! Take a look and enjoy whats to come..... they do taste as good as they look!!!! I have that one on the good authority of my expert taste testers AKA Three Beez. Have a question - contact me on queensland@ozemail dot com dot au

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Answer 2 No 1


November 2009 - Karl's Basic 50th - what a fabulous party and what a way to celebrate such a fabulous event. Lyn put on a fabulous cocktail party spread, all the girls dressed up and all the boys were pretty "Basic". Originally we planned a black and white theme to the cake and I was inspired by a few lopsided layers. However when asked, Karl wanted his trademark and logo so that was what he got. ANSWER 2 NO 1!!!!! We made a double layer vanilla buttercake and shaped it into an oval. Covered in vanilla buttercream and adorned with black ribbon around the base. The logo was carefully cut out of black fondant. Was a mission but I was really happy with the results. I have also started doing a criss cross filling as well with buttercream and jam - when you cut the cake you can see the filling stripes and it is quite effective.

Followers